A 10.9lb rated magazine catch spring is included with each EMR-A. Forward Controls Design long considered the standard magazine catch spring to be rather weak (rated at 8.3lb), accidental / unintended mag drops can take place if a user slings his weapon, and has gear and pouches on the vest. A stiffer mag catch spring mitigates these risks, thus it is an integral part in the EMR-A package.
- 4140 Chrome Moly steel magazine catch
- 7075-T3 aluminum lever
- Multi-faceted Control Surface
- Heavy duty roll pin with 800lb shear strength
- Low-profile shaft is 0.03″ shorter than MIL-SPEC
- 10.9 lb high strength magazine catch spring