Cloud Defensive REIN 2.0 Full Size Weapon Light
Introducing the Next-Generation REIN! When you guys talk, Cloud Defensive listens. The new REIN has some truly impressive features, all driven by user feedback:
- Reduced bezel diameter by 15% (same size as the other guys now)
- Reduced length by 6% (shorter than the other guys now)
- Reduced weight by 14% (lighter than the other guys now)
- Proprietary military-grade (MIL-PRF-13830B) optical lens coating producing a now-optimized 5200k light temperature.
- Reduced mounting lug height (sits tighter to your rail)
- Updated Remote Switch per user request
The REIN is the most powerful and most durable complete weapon light system on the market. It features a field serviceable lens, a field-serviceable tail cap and electrically-isolated dual-switching for redundancy. It works with all existing light mounts. And it has the world’s first 3rd generation Light Control System (LCS) including a proprietary remote switch with tail-cap integration, oriented precisely for weapon-mounted use. REIN is redefining what a weapon light should be.
REIN still ships standard with a Picatinny Rail mount. Cloud Defensive offers a full line-up of Torrent mounts for different mounting needs. And of course, REIN is fully compatible with existing Scout Light® mounts on the market.
You asked. We listened. And true to Clouds form, we were not subtle with the updates. With a substantially smaller 1.2” bezel diameter and lower mounting lug height profile, it sits tighter to your gun than ever before. With a much smaller profile. And with a shorter length, the already-shortest-in-class REIN system got even smaller. The full-size REIN is now right at home on even the shortest host platforms.
REIN Length: 5.9″
REIN Micro Length: 4.75″
Ounces do matter. The Next-Generation REIN numbers speak for themselves.
REIN Weight with Remote Switch and Battery: 7.25oz
REIN Micro Weight with Remote Switch and Battery: 6.25oz
- A USA-made, state-of-the-art electrical system using the best components that money can buy. That gives us the output, efficiency and run-time that makes REIN the class leader.
- Uses a single 18650 battery (full size) or a single 18350 battery (Micro). No CR123 batteries allowed. Use of CR123 batteries VOIDS your warranty. We supply a branded Samsung 18650 30Q with the REIN. And a branded 18350 with the REIN Micro. Please note that unlike its peers, REIN will produce usable light for multiple hours.
- Accepts ALL protected and unprotected 18650 batteries. Accepts both button-top and flat-top batteries. NOTE: Various battery sizes will require use of the provided Battery Jack feature.
- Run-time standard per ANSI/PLATO-FL1 = 130 minutes for the full-size REIN and the REIN Micro is rated for 35 minutes. The ANSI/PLATO-FL1 standard for runtime is: The amount of time until the light reaches 10% of its original output.
Run-time at 100% power is industry-leading, as the latest generation of REIN is now even more efficient electrically.
- Modular 3-piece design. With a superior electrical system and remote switch, REIN has always been upgradeable as subsequent generations are released. As such, all parts of the 1st generation REIN are fully compatible with the 2nd generation REIN. Please read more details Here on REIN 1.0 and REIN 2.0 compatibility.
- IPX-8 waterproof rating. Fully submersible to 100 ft for 24 hours. Fully-potted remote switch included.
- Strongest-in-class lens. The glass on the REIN is 3mm thick. It can take multiple hits from 5.56mm Simunition rounds, at contact-distance.
- Patented Battery Jack feature. This allows you to properly tension the battery inside the system to avoid battery bounce. This lengthens the life of your system and increases reliability substantially.
- Patented tail-cap cartridge is easily replaceable and allows for “clocking” so you can minimize cable exposure, without removing the tail of the light. The attached remote switch utilizes a cable exit from the tail cap that is perpendicular to the bore axis. This allows your cable to be protected from potential snags and impact.
- The Patented remote switch, offers both momentary and constant-on functionality. The remote switch is electrically isolated from the push-button switch located on the tail cap. If your remote switch suffers catastrophic failure, your REIN still works via the tail cap button.
- The now-updated remote switch is housed in a 4th Generation Light Control System. Available only for the REIN and REIN Micro. It offers unprecedented cable management possibilities never before available even with prior generation LCS units.
- The remote switch cable is 6” long. Shorter cables are available here.
- Shockproof. Dustproof. The most durable weapon light made. Period.
- Lifetime Warranty – with only a few exceptions. Please see warranty info for full details.
- Made in the USA. As always.